• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yj front leafs consideration

jallen

NAXJA Forum User
i know that there are a few people that have done this...

if you use stock yj front leafs in the front of an xj in a spring-over configuration how much lift (compared to xj stock) will be gained? what if you use the higher rate rear yj leafs?

i'm thinking about using the lower control arm mount for the rear spring eye and J-shackles on the front.

jallen said:
i know that there are a few people that have done this...

if you use stock yj front leafs in the front of an xj in a spring-over configuration how much lift (compared to xj stock) will be gained? what if you use the higher rate rear yj leafs?

i'm thinking about using the lower control arm mount for the rear spring eye and J-shackles on the front.

KAjeepxj did like that. YJ leafs using the stock LCA mount.

I used Xj leafs...

My XJleafs with an added leaf from a YJ 4in lift pack sit close to level... very similar to a stock YJ front spring arch, this spring over axle on a d60 front give me like 6-7in of lift...

My rear is 2.5in AAL and 2in block but on a larger diamater dana 70 so I have like 5.5in of lift in the rear Im guessing. It squats alittle.

download.php

Lift? I dont know what do you think...
37s and trimmed big...

Re: Re: yj front leafs consideration

ashmanjeepxj said:
Lift? I dont know what do you think...
37s and trimmed big...

You only need lift to keep the tires from hitting the sheet metal. If the tires stuff up outside of the body, ya don't need no steenkin' lift. :jester:

Very interesting rig you have there!

Back