• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

65 WMS in front & 61 WMS in rear-will it be ok?

Heep

NAXJA Forum User
like it says, the front axle is gonna be around 4 inches wider in the front. Will it drive ok? Its 99% trail rig. Thanks

Heep what axles?

And what did you get them from?

definitely a good setup, then you know for a fact that if your front fits through and gives you some trouble, the rear won't be an issue...

EXCELLENT setup for a trail rig ;)

Actually Im using a waggy 44 front with bolt pattern adapters that change it from 6X5.5 to 5X5.5 They are being custom made. The problem is that the are 2" on each side so add the 4" to the 61 WMS and I got 65" up there.
As for the back Im running a D44 out of a Scout II with 1.5" spacers on each side so 3" + the 58 WMS from the Scout rear = 61". Ive talked to a few people that run spacers and they say it holds up fine. I think C-rock said he runs em on the back and I believe he's runnin 38"s. I can always change it up later in the front to the chevy spindles and ford hubs ect. But I dont fell like messin with that, plus no junk yards around here have 4X4 Chevy pickups, there all 2 wheel drive.
Im new to all this so blast away if want

so this is good then

Sounds good to me.....

i want to swap out my rear to something stouter. I'm thinking a 80's F150 9". But the scoutII D44 would be an alternative but scout parts around here are mint!

Yeah I hear that about the scout parts, we found I think the only scout in a junkyard. The brakes were gone but you can buy generic ones at autozone or any other parts store. Also I only paid $50 for the sucker.

Heep,

What are you doing about the Waggy front brake banjos? It appears that the Waggy banjo is larger then the a stock XJ banjo, so it wont fit into a XJ or YJ brake lines.
I'm thinking of drilling the waggy banjo out to fit the XJ SS lines, but wondering if it will cause any issues?

Dazz said:
Heep,

What are you doing about the Waggy front brake banjos? It appears that the Waggy banjo is larger then the a stock XJ banjo, so it wont fit into a XJ or YJ brake lines.
I'm thinking of drilling the waggy banjo out to fit the XJ SS lines, but wondering if it will cause any issues?

I have no idea yet, the axle is sitting on a sawhorse completly gutted. This project just started but I read some of your post about this problem and I hope it gets figured out before I get to it. If i hear anything Ill let ya know. good luck with it.

I'm not sure what you are referring to with the brake lines and the waggy calipers. I am using '89 Grand Wagoneer front calipers (all outer pieces) on my HP D44 and the braided ss brake lines that I already had on my xj bolted right up to the calipers. The banjo fitting fit just fine on the caliper and the Grand Waggy banjo bolt fit just fine in the lines too. I have seen some Chevy front calipers that use a larger banjo bolts and a matching larger banjo fitting on the line, but the '89 Grand Waggy pieces worked out fine for me. Jeff

Back