• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone else's driveway rusting??

Safari Ary

NAXJA Forum User
LOL, I realized today why my driveway turned a reddish brown while I was on spring break. It's RUSTING!! Two weeks of fabbing in the driveway have led to thousands upon thousands of metal shavings littering my driveway. Needless to say my parents aren't to happy w/ their newly brown driveway. Time to break out the pressure washer I suppose. Peace

Ary

well, at this point, it still moves w/ a broom, so the pressure washer SHOULD(hopefully) take care of it. Thanks for the tip though. Peace

Ary

I'd try some of that Calcium, Lime, Rust removal liquid if you can't sweep it off. It's made for things like tubs and sinks, so hopefully it wouldn't etch the surface.

XJ_MAC said:
I'd try some of that Calcium, Lime, Rust removal liquid if you can't sweep it off. It's made for things like tubs and sinks, so hopefully it wouldn't etch the surface.

Every time I see or hear of that stuff I hear Paul Harvey's voice.:listenmus

Speaking of cleaning driveways:

What have you all found out works good to get rid of oil stains?

Like im talking work sreally good, and is easy.
I got lots o stains. Not my fault either, its a jeep, new oil leaks everyday. o_O

I am also in the mud and gravel dept so no help here... But what is really sad is my windows are rusting from having so much grinding and welding done in close to the rig... I even razorbladed the slag off and they still rust :rolleyes:

The earth is rather red in my little corner of the world though... ;)

Matt

Muriatic (sp?) acid from a pool supply place will eat away the rust, but also eat away the concrete if you leave it on too long. Use a spray bottle with about a 50/50 mix of acid and water, spritz, let it foam a little and scrub with a bristle brush, then hose off immediately. I can't stress the hose off part enought. If rust is still there, repeat, but becareful you don't eat away too much of the concrete as well.

Ivan

For Oil and Grease I would try rubbing in some Original GoJo (non-pumice) and spray it off. Getting it warm seems to activate it on your hands so I imagine you might try a hair drier while you rub it in.

I agree with Beezil (oh no!). I'be been using that stuff for years...careful with it though, or you'll end up with a big white spot instead of a big black spot.

Oh, and breating the fumes makes a man outta you.

Back