• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lower control arm diameters?

lostcreek21

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I'm planning on making my own LCA's. I'm wondering what size diameter metal I should use? I will probably put a bend in it. Can I get bushings out of my old control arms and put them in my new ones until I buy some? Thanks for any help

Most are 1 1/2" tubing,what size dies do you have?You could re-use your bushings but the biggest issue is machining the bushing sleeves to use factory bushings!

I can bend 1/2", 1", 1 1/4" 1 1/2", 1 3/4", 2". What do you mean machine. The bushings aren't a certain size? I was thinking about taking round tube and welding it to the end if the LCA and put the bushing in it. How would I do it?

Stock bushings(the outer shell) have a shoulder on the last 3/8".You have to use 2 5/8"x .188" and then machine the area for that shoulder(I forget exactly how much)!

Back