• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More Utah land use information.

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
My friend Bill Hughes is a resident of Moab and a member of the Red Rocks 4-wheelers. He sent this to me in regards to some recent activity by the state. He's asking for help in voicing our concerns and trying to get better representation from all you 'wheelers out there. Give this a read, then follow the links to submit your comments.

FYI, The BLM is preparing a management plan for the entire area and is seeking comments through December 30. They don't want form letters, and they stress they want specific trail recommendations. As an example, the greenies specifically have asked that Poisen Spider Mesa be closed to all but hiking. We don't need to get into radical suggestions like that, as they are unlikely to be seriously considered, but we can use every comment we can get. Pick a trail , or several, that you feel are spectacular for whatever reason and send in your comments. The more trails the better.

For trails in the Moab area: www.moabrmp.com, for Monticello area: www.monticellormp.com

It is hard to figure exactly where the Monticello office picks up from the Moab office, but it isn't too far one way or the other from the Hell Dorados.I submitted comments in October, and went to an open house in November and submitted more. Other members of the club sat on focus groups at the open house, and they reported we were vastly out numbered. Get those cards and letters coming! Each web site has an area to e-mail comments, no stamps required!
Bill

Thanks everyone!
Troy

Hope everyone is sending in their comments. A Moab Fall Fling without trails would be kinda boring... :(

Back