• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pro Comp MX6 shocks

BobCSmith

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone using the MX6 shocks?
Any feedback on how you like them?
I'm debating between these and Bilstein 5100/5150's on a 8" lift w/long arm.

I dont like anything ProComp makes. Get the Bilstines, those are very good shocks. You may also think about some Old Man Emu LT-R's.

Dont know if this helps or not but I stopped using my rancho 9000s for OME long travels and much prefer the ride...At that height the only thing youre gonna be able to run is the grand cherokee LT shocks part # 40 and #41 I think...
luck
themud:D

What I've been told by another non-pro comp vendor is that the MX6 shock is totally unrelated to any of their other shocks and was developed and manufactured by another company, and the rights were sold to pro comp to sell it.
I've talked to one person running them on a grand cherokee, and loved them. But that's the only person I personally know using them.

Thanks

I don't know if there are different lengths for these shocks, but when I ordered my lift (RE 3.5") from RE I was told I would lose about 2" of travel using the Pro Comps. Hope this helps.

Jeremy

jhillia2 said:
I don't know if there are different lengths for these shocks, but when I ordered my lift (RE 3.5") from RE I was told I would lose about 2" of travel using the Pro Comps. Hope this helps.

Jeremy
they do make different legnths...

i have personally run both shocks. the mx6s on my ZJ5.9 and the bilstein 5100s on my wrecked blue XJ.

I implore you to get the 5100s. i believe, simply put, they are a better shock in every way.

I ran 5100s w/ a d60 and 35in swampers, RE drop brackets, Re coils, alcan leaves with rubber bushings and the ride was awesome.
they arent squishy shocks...the word that comes to mind when i try to describe how they behave is "control"
they absord big and small bumps very well, without being overly soft. i felt the shocks helped worlds with body roll as well. i felt a very clear difference in the speed and stability i could take sharp turns. the shocks were very predictable in that manner.
i think the 5100s are the best shocks for the money, period.

i know the mx6s get some rave reviews, but im not very impressed with them so far. my old rs9000s felt very similar to these, and i didnt like those either. i felt the way they handled was either too stiff,rigid and unresponsive and you would feel every pebble on the road, or so soft it felt unstable.
dont get me wrong, they havent been horrible shocks, i just dont feel they do anything as well as the bilsteins.
i think the 5100s, unless you are getting crazy like 7100 or coilover, are perfect shocks for larger XJs.
hth
~John

Back