• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing pinstriping.

hamilton

NAXJA Forum User
Got tagged in the door, and body shop wants $800-$900 to repair and repaint it, so I grabbed one in the same color from a junky.

Only difference is the presence of gold pinstripe tape on the clear-coated metalic green paint.

Anyone know how to remove it without jacking up the finish?

Thanks in advance,
Hamilton

Use a heat gun (or hairdryer) to *gently* heat the stripes up,then peel 'em off a little at a time. Get some adhesive remover (like 3M A.R. or Goof-Off) and rub off the excess adhesive and you're done. You may notice after they are removed that you'll still be able to "see" where they were. A good buffing of the paint to remove any oxidation in the clear coat should remedy this.:D

at auto paint stores they sell decal remover tool. its a big round rubber eraser that you put on electric drill. it work great and fast. jack

out here in cali durring the summer I just peeled mine off because it is nice and hot. And zippo fluid works great forthe adhesive.

Back