• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TC shift fork pads

Hi, im trying to buy a set of shift fork pads for my transfer case online, but all that seems to come up is the shift fork pad kit for early 90's wranglers with the NP231. Does anyone know if all the shift fork pads are the same throughout the years, or where i can find a kit for the XJ NP231? thanks!

If memory serves, the NP231 is pretty much the same all around - except the input sets (like the NP231/NP231J/NP231HD) when some things were changed for various sub-models.

Where have you been looking? I can look for my "sources" notebook and see if I can give you some more useful information...

5-90

Could use the same answer, and some more info - my brother donated a 231 out of a '91 YJ to me, already has the HD shaft kit and SYE installed, newer chain. Range fork bent/pads worn. Any idea what caused this, and how to prevent in future?

He went to Atlas - I counted 23 spline input - will this most likely fit in my 87MJ, 4.0, AW-4, 231? Haven't taken mine off, should I have the same input, or will I be 21spline? Any difference in length of splines/ depth? ----Basically, are the YJ and XJ/MJ units interchangable except for shifters?

Just trying to figure out if this is a straight swap, or if I will be taking two cases to make into one.......TIA, Cheropair

Since I remember checking and finding out all the basic internals are the same among the NP231J cases (NP231 as used in Jeep - the NP231HD is slightly different in places...) see if this sounds good to you.

Mode Shift Fork Pads - 52219.01 @ $11.50
Range Shift Fork Pads - 52219.02 @ $7.95

These parts are de Quadratec, and I listed both since I don't know which set you want. Each kit will service the fork listed, purchase both to service both shift forks.

5-90

Back