• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone else with an AUSSIE ...

D

David - Atlanta

locker on order that's had recent communication with TORQ Masters?

I ordered one back in September and was first told that it should be in by the end of October. When the end of October came I contacted them and was told that the production run was 80% finished and they would contact TORQ Masters in two days (that would have been Oct 31st) with delivery to the States information. I haven't heard a word since (now it's the middle of November) and I can't reach anyone at TORQ Masters. They haven't returned my email requesting an update and I can't leave a voice mail for the President because his mailbox is too full :rolleyes:

I know it has taken time for some folks to receive a unit from them but I get uncomfortable when the delay extends further and further and then you're no longer able to contact anyone.

Anyone have recent contact with them?

David - Atlanta said:
locker on order that's had recent communication with TORQ Masters?

I ordered one back in September and was first told that it should be in by the end of October. When the end of October came I contacted them and was told that the production run was 80% finished and they would contact TORQ Masters in two days (that would have been Oct 31st) with delivery to the States information. I haven't heard a word since (now it's the middle of November) and I can't reach anyone at TORQ Masters. They haven't returned my email requesting an update and I can't leave a voice mail for the President because his mailbox is too full :rolleyes:

I know it has taken time for some folks to receive a unit from them but I get uncomfortable when the delay extends further and further and then you're no longer able to contact anyone.

Anyone have recent contact with them?
I got an email from the owner a few weeks ago saying that the Dana 44 model was backordered and would be in the States in 3-4 weeks.
HTH

I have an Aussie in my D44, it took a number of weeks before I recieved mine. I did however give them a threatening email, it basically said "if you can not give me a tracking number by such and such date, then I have to take my buisness somewhere else" I do know they did not charge my credit card until it got to the states and then they had sent me a tracking number about a couple of days after my email.

Sorry to hear that they are not answering the emails, usually they were very responsive.

Is the Aussie worth all this trouble, not really, all in all I saved about $50 - $75 by going with them. It operates better than a Lock-right I had, but it still rachets around corners. IMHO if you can't get it in a timely manner or if the price goes up then it really isn't worth all the trouble.

MMM this would lead me to believe that working with a well established company would be a lot easier than thinking about all the $20.00 your saving.

Just think about how good there return or damage policies are:patriot:

*ORDERED D30 Aussie on 10/23.

*Called them on 10-29. He said they're doing a production run for the Dana 30's right now, so it will probably be 14 days until they get them, and they ship it out the same day to me, which will probably take another 4 days from New York to AZ. So I should receive it around Monday, November 17th.

*Called again on 11-5 to make sure everything is on track because I need it for a trip, and they say they're still 3 weeks out. I can cancel the order if I like, but there's no way to get one sooner. They were very nice about it.

E-mailed them but never received a response.

*Decided to go with a different locker because of the backorder. Called on 11-10-03 at 8:57am MST (10:57am EST).and left a message asking them to cancel my order and to call me back to confirm that it has been canceled. Never received a callback.

*PM'd on pirate4x4 (username aussielocker) but never received a response.

Called again on 11-13 and left a message at 12:14pm MST asking them to cancel my order and confirm it has been canceled. Couldn't leave a message for Bill Cole because the voicemail was full.

Tried calling again on 11-14-03 at 2:08 pm MST. Tried to leave a message in the "other" mailbox, option 3, but it was full.
That's my experience with them. At first I was impressed by how nice they were when they said I could cancel my order, but I have since tried contacting them every way possible to make sure my order is canceled and I just can't get a hold of them. They've gone from good customer service to very poor in my book.

got my D44 aussie in 4 days from date of order (about 2 weeks ago)

I might have to sell it though, ran into some unforseen financial difficulties, needless to say I'm really bummed about that.

I'd let it go for $215 shipped, haven't even opened the box yet.

Cheap,
will that aussie work in a trac-loc d44?
if so i think i'm interested.

dan f.

p.s. sorry to hear about your monetary trouble and sorry to hijack thread.

dan f. said:
Cheap,
will that aussie work in a trac-loc d44?
if so i think i'm interested.

dan f.

p.s. sorry to hear about your monetary trouble and sorry to hijack thread.

just looked at the book, and the book says no.

I had a buddy order one online for an AL44 (ZJ) when he mentioned it I said I did'nt think they were in production. took a couple calls (VM full) and an e-mail and they conformed cancelling the order.

No one ever actually answered the phone I would guess most messages just go the Bill because they aren't real specific on who to talk to.

I'm getting the feeling that Bill Cole IS TORQ Masters and THE man that answers ALL the emails and voice mails no matter which selection you make on the phone. The couple of times I did get through via phone back in October it was always Bill who answered. Likewise he was the one who responded to my emails. I ran his name on ANYWHO.com and guess what... the address on the web site for TORQ Masters is Bill's home address.

I suppose if he is out of town or on a vacation then there is NO one to answer anything. Which appears to be the case right now. Hopefully he'll get back soon and start replying to his email & voice mails. He DID seem helpful and responsive a month ago :(

Back