• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Susp. mod input please

Hi Guys,

This is the gear a reputable retailer has said will be top stuff in the XJ. I will be running 31x10 Baja Calw Radials.

This is my first lift.

What do you guys reckon? Is it good gear, it's pricey but I want quality gear the first time.

BTW I'm in Oz so the part No's may not apply

Thanks in advance:D

RE: 3.5" SUSPENSION

OME 930 - OME(Old Man Emu) 2" coil springs
OMEJC2A/B - OME H/D rear leaf packs
JCXL OME - additional leafs
N35L OME - extra long shocks front
N36L OME - extra long shocks rear
OMEU57 - OME longer u-bolts
RE1334 - RE coil spring spacers
RE1383 - 3" Front bumpstops
RE1467 - 4 degree shims rear springs
RE1515 - Rear s/steel brake line
RE2700 - RE extended greasable shackles
SUB/PANTIE - Front adjustable panhard rod
MP/TIEROD - Tie Rod End (genuine)

Quoted $2500($1800US)

It is not unusual for Aus. item to be 50 - 100% more than what you guys pay.

So whatever you think this gear is worth add 75% and that will give me a more realistic Aus. value

Thanks

Oh, This is cheaper than another quote of $2870US(moore gear though)

I'm probably getting confused, but it just appears that you'll have a lot more lift in the rear than in the front.

The front OME coils are listed for 2" of lift. The you have some spacers, height unspecified, but most are 1-3/4". So you're at 3-3/4" in front.

It was my understanding that the standard OME rear leaves were good for 2" and the heavy duty were 3". Then you're adding extra leaves, and then to that you're adding shackles. I don't know what that's all going to add up to, but I suspect it's going to be higher than the front.

Also, I see an extended brake line (hose) for the rear, but I don't see longer brake hoses for the front. At almost 4" of lift ... you need longer front brake hoses.

Thats about 50% more then what it would cost in the US. The full blowen kit with good quality parts runs 800-1k easy.

Also may want to look into a Slip Yoke Elminator ot T-case drop kit.

Back