• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bushwacker instalation

wek91xj

NAXJA Forum User
Helped my buddy put on his bushwacker cut outs today.... front went well and easy... doing the rear tom... thats gonna be a pain in the A$$ ....

yes.

jallen said:
anyone tried to put bushwacker cutouts on a 97+ xj ?

yes.

top_search.gif

Yes I have them on my 01. It is not to hard to do. The instructions are somewhat overwhelming at first. I wouldn't pay to much attention to them. Just cut conservitively until you can hold the flare against the body (the inner lip on the flare won't fit into factory fender oppening) position the flares to your liking and mark your mounting holes. After that it is just a matter of drilling the holes and installing the self tappers to hold the flares on. Good luck, Eric

yea, we pu it on a 00 today, didnt use the instructions, cause they are only for a 86-96, and will steer you the wrong way.... theres a good rite up about the instalation on jeepin.com if u need to look at the process

finished the rear today...was alot easier than expected.... only took about an hour(but it was so cold that my hands almost fell of) the wind factor was like 32 below zero

questions to Bushwackers on 97+ XJ

jallen said:
anyone tried to put bushwacker cutouts on a 97+ xj ?
...............Yes The fronts go on easily,but the rear does take some custom creativity but it is very possible and turns out well

Mark Hinkley said:
I keep pressing that button and it doesn't do anything. :D

hinkley

:laugh:

:angel:

wek91xj said:
ahha you people crack me up...howd u put that in there by the way?

I try, I really do :D

1. Right click on the button
2. Properties
3. Copy url (.gif)
4. Paste in image button when you post

:D

Im installing TJ flares on my XJ, the front is pretty straight forward, but when cutting the rear be sure not to cut the pinch seam between the wheel well and the body sheet metal, otherwise your going to have to bust out the welder. No fun at all.

Fryphax said:
Im installing TJ flares on my XJ, the front is pretty straight forward, but when cutting the rear be sure not to cut the pinch seam between the wheel well and the body sheet metal, otherwise your going to have to bust out the welder. No fun at all.
It's always fun using the welder!

Back