• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Re To Ome

buster

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to konw If anyone has used these two systems before? I currently using the RE 3.5 super ride kit w/aal. like the height but the ride is kidda harsh for me. Ive read up on OME and the spring rates seem to be closest to stock which sounds good to me and that its a system not a kit. The two things I would like to ask is

1)Who has used both kits and opions on each and,
2)Would I mess-up OMEs "system" with longer shakles and spacers?

thanks

I've run both...as has Dirk...and we're both running RE now...what shocks are you running now?

RJ

Get some Old Man Emu LT shocks... run those with your current lift. Then if you are still unhappy with the ride look into switching your rear springs to either ome or full re leaves (not add a leaf).

I went from ome to RE and was not at all unhappy with the ride. I kept the ome shocks, which I think are the key to the ome ride.

KEV

My OME setup has longer shackles in the rear and does just fine with them. Hard to say if what you are feeling is a too firm set of springs or too firmly valved shocks.

You could remove the shocks and carefully drive around to see how the ride is impacted. If it smooths out, then replace those shocks with some OME LT like previously pointed out. If it stays the same, then maybe a softer set of springs is appropriate.

Back