• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifting, again im sure.

Gecko

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. I'm really looking into lifting my XJ on a budget. I've been thinking that I should fit 33s with an RE 4.5" lift and TJ flares. However, would it be worth it to keep the lift down to 3.5" and 31s and use the money on other parts like a bumper and stuff? I figure that since I'm budgeting 2500 for it all, the 4.5 would be around 2330 or so and the 3.5 is 1500 maybe a bit more. Is it worth it to save the extra cash there for other things, or just do the lift right the first time and save money later for those things?

I'd get armor before anything else. Your doors, rockers, quarters, fenders, tcase, etc... will love you for it.

Sean

What sort of armor should I get first then? I'd think rockrails and bumpers, but then what? and can I buy a decent amount of armor with what i save by going to 3.5 instead of 4.5?

BTT
I need to see what everyone else says cause its for my school project as well as my own car.

Back