• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 35 Disc Brakes

XJWheelie

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone ever put disc brakes on a Dana 35, and if so did is there a link somewhere explaining how to do it?

I know that the Dana 35 isn't the strongest thing going, but I've got a super 35 kit in it and it's been re-inforced to prevent flex. I seriously doubt that I'll ever go bigger than 33" tires, since I'm in a wheelchair and I've got to be able to get in the thing to enjoy the fun.

Thanks,
Robert

Kevin Wallace made the rear disc setup (44 model, but applicable) for the Giveaway XJ, using a pair of rotors and calipers from the front of an XJ.

It involved a new caliper bracket that bolts on in place of the drum backing plate, and he 'may' have turn the ID of the rotor hat out a smidge to clear the axle flange. The flange dia on a 35 may not require this??? Of course, new lines will be needed.

The only real drawback is giving up the manual parking brake, but one could install a 'mico-lock' into the brake circuit(s) to get this back.

Back