• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cooper Discoverer A/T

Brand new, these are awesome rain/snow tires.

I wasn't happy with the mileage I got out of them... about 37-40k.

Not a bad tire for the price.

I won't be buying them again. I think there are others better.

BTW I ran 305-70R16's on a 3/4 ton pick-up.

Kinda off-topic but I am considering Coopers for the wife's ZJ. It has already eaten a set of Goodyears and a set of Bridgestones in 60k.

I'd like to try the Coops... ut 37k is right on track with these other crappy tires it's already eaten.

Any favorites that might hold up better? NO Goodyears, NO Bridgestones again ever- JUNK.

I've heard good things about BFG AT's for snow, ok in rain and wear good, 60-80k. Michelins also have a good name for wearing like iron but I hate them on anything but dry pavement.

Sorry for the hi-jack 97XJ, back to you.

BFG's 30-40K mi.

I've run BFG A/T's on two vehicles and never gotten more than 35K miles out of them. Mostly highway/city driving - little off roading, no towing or heavy loads (ie. family SUV's). You can't beat them for the price, though. I think they're great in all terrains for a primarily on-road vehicle.

I ran the Coopers for about 40K and they worked great on my DD. I recently got some Dayton Timberline A/T's and so far they are awesome. Slightly more agressive than the Cooper's but even quieter, and they have very deep tread...

I was looking at Coopers but got a set of Pirelli Scorpion AT's with the set of TJ 5 Hole rims I bought on Ebay. They aren't bad for used, but would probably look at Coopers or Bridgestones for the next set.

Back