• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keyless Entry NEARLY CAUGHT VEHICLE ON FIRE !!!

Bill-93XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Fellas, Have you ever heard of the keyless entry circuit card frying and starting a fire? I caught mine JUST in time or my buggy would have been TOAST. I know that I am out of warranty, but JEEZ this seems like a real safety issue. I wanted to attach a .jpg to this post, but the camera is not available right now. What do you guys advise me to do about bringing the defect to Chrysler's attention? I figured that I would call the dealer for a start, but they aren't going to want to deal with it. What should I do? Dammit, this could KILL somebody !!!!

How far out of warranty are you? It might be as simple as bringing the vehicle to the dealer and having them "sniff" it :D. Also in the back of your manual there is an 800 number, which I have used with great success before when I had to have something done on the XJ after it was out of warranty.

original owner ... 1993 with 7-70

Kejtar, the warranty is WAY expired. My only point was that MAN this seems like a sad thing to happen to an otherwise pretty together design. Like I said before... this could KILL SOMEONE !!!

I'd still talk to someone. Give your insurance agent a call and see what he/she recommends. I then take it to the dealer.

You can also report it to http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ so the Feds know about it. It is reports like this which result in "recalls".

You need to make sure Chrysler and DOT knows about the problem.

Back