• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6HP from a HESCO High flow water pump

rav

NAXJA Forum User
Was just looking at their website and stumbled upon this, LOL, i will be happy even if i get 3HP.

High Flow waterpumps

Another first!
Provides 10 to 20% more cooling efficiency than the stock water pump. We have replaced the stock stamped steel 5-vane impeller with an 8-vane billet aluminum impeller to achieve this goal. The impeller is larger than the stock and lessens the cavitations of the coolant to create a more positive flow in the space between the impeller and the #1 cylinder. The dyno showed an additional bonus of 6 hp. and 2ft/lbs. of torque gain we weren’t expecting. The horsepower gain comes from the impeller slicing through the coolant instead of paddling the coolant. Individual gains may very depending on what accessories are already in place and engine condition. Either way it is a worthy addition to any Jeep engine whether it’s a street driver or an off-road rock crawler.

© Copyright 2003 Hesco Inc.. All Rights Reserved.

i got that pump. did not notice any power gains and did not notice any cooling gains. still overheated like before the pump. jack

jack SF said:
i got that pump. did not notice any power gains and did not notice any cooling gains. still overheated like before the pump. jack

Thanks, you just saved me $149, I never trust the HP #'s anyway, but i am just curious whether you changed any other stuff(radiator,thermostat,etc), as a waterpump change by itself wont help.

Thanks a lot;
Ravi

i changed everything along with the pump. high flow thermostat housing, 3 row rad, fan clutch, hood vents. finally what fixed my overheating was the new style 10 blade auxiliry fan. i did not feel any horse power but than there is no way to feel that low of a number. so maybe their pump does make a couple of hp. jack

:bs: a stroker will increase your horsepower, not a water pump.

Hi Guys. I am new here, and I think I am addicted. There is such a great wealth of information in these forums, but you already knew that.

Anyhoo, about the Hesco water-pump. I have it, but I cannot say I noticed any difference. You can tell it is very well made, but I am not sure it is worth the $$. Probably better sticking with a stock job with a warranty.

DC fitted a new slitter vane water pump to '99 and later 4.0's that's 50% more efficient than the old one and they gained only 2hp from it, so Hesco's claim of a 6hp gain is a bunch of bull.

I have one of the hesco pumps and after working for 2.5 years it is now dead :(. I can't really tell you what kind of performance gain I got from it. Anyway, if I can submit a picture, I will show you what happened to it.

Dr. Dyno said:
DC fitted a new slitter vane water pump to '99 and later 4.0's that's 50% more efficient than the old one and they gained only 2hp from it, so Hesco's claim of a 6hp gain is a bunch of bull.

Dino, my man, do you know if the 99' and up pump fully compatible with earlier 4.0Ls? I've been thinking about the Hesco, but it's Hesco, and I'm broke. If I could just go to an Auto parts store and get a replacement pump for a 2000 XJ, throw it on my 94 and be done, that would be much more afforable.

I don't know of any h.p. gains, but it's a hell of a pump (and since when does the aftermarket exaggerate their results? :D ). Damn thing should be hanging in a museum, gotta love those billet turbines. Just too bad they don't have a clear housing. :D

Prior to the Hesco, I went through 3 FlowKlunkers in about as many months, all had bad bearings. The Hesco's been going strong for years.

I'll bet the 6hp gain was on a heavily modded motor at 6000rpm or so:) High rpms is the only place where a waterpump will use much power. It's a selling pitch or I'm missing something!

FUNKYTEE5

I will say I did call about this pump for a replacement on an '03 engine. At least they were honest and said the one I had was good enough and didn't need to replace it. I did get the valve cover spacer,hi-flow thermostat housing and the thermostat housing spacer. Sent out my 99+ intake to have it ceramic coated last night. Maybe get this thing running.
Tom

JeepSpeed said:
Dino, my man, do you know if the 99' and up pump fully compatible with earlier 4.0Ls? If I could just go to an Auto parts store and get a replacement pump for a 2000 XJ, throw it on my 94 and be done, that would be much more afforable.

BTT for that question. Anyone?

Were you using the dextron(spelling?) coolant? I've heard that regular coolant will eat away at aluminium, which is why GM vehicles have to have dextron coolant because they have aluminium radiators. Or am I mixing things up again?

Back