• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More TPS Stuff

Ecarlcl

NAXJA Forum User
I got my new TPS sensor put on, I followed the instruction to set it correctly. The highest output voltage I could get from it was 1.33. Whats the deal here? Any ideas?

Thanks

Sounds like you've got the TPS's linkage arm on the wrong side of the throttle shaft's linkage! (it's been done a few times before) ...

Inspect your installation, then doublecheck the voltage available to the TPS (both connectors if you're running an auto tranny) ...

Post what you find (could aslo be a bad ground)

I just changed out my TPS also. So. Do you check the voltage at both connectors then? Are they the same input and output but going to two places? I only did a check on the square connector. The oval one I didn't do. I don't recall the Chiltons specifying which one or even both.

I'll mess with it a little after class tommorow. I'll post what I find out. Hey does naxja run a newsgroup?

Ecarlcl

Anyone ever mess with that screw adjustment on the throttle plate? Sure shut my idle problem down. Its at a nice 750 now. Nice.

Ecarlcl

Back