• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my jeep wont start please help me

90 xj

NAXJA Forum User
today i walked out of school and i went to start my jeep and it wouldnt start. i poped the hood to look for the problem, its not the starter or battery or the plugs and wires, i noticed that the fuel pump diddnt make any noise when i turned the key on and it is a brand new fuel pump. i think it might be the fuse or somethin like that so if any of you could give me any advice it would help
jake

Try checking for voltage when the key is first turned to "run" (you'll have a second or two of voltage): ...

... at the pump connector (near the fuel filter), if you have voltage - then you're looking at 'another new fuel pump'; if no volts look ...

... at the ballast resistor (fender or firewall, driver's side), if you have voltage on BOTH ends, and none at the pump - there's a wiring issue..., if you have voltage at one end, then the resistor is cracked (usually won't keep you from starting, just won't run more than a few seconds), if no voltage look at the fuel-pump relay (#2 from the "front" in the cluster behind the battery) it'll see a constant 12V through a fuseable link from the battery and the switched 12v from the ECU

Back