• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake line broke

CartsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So the extended brake line on the drivers side broke while I was trying to bleed the brakes. Does anybody know whether NAPA can make custom length rubber brake line. I need to get this thing on the road as soon as possible

Thanks

depending on how tall you are, you could use the stock lenght for a SHORT fix. I dont know exactly how long it is, but if you have them, i am sure you can judge to see if it is safe. Napa probly doesn't carry that, but there may be a longer stock brake line off another application. Sorry I cant give a direct answer, maybe it will help a little.

MATT

oh yeah, its for a RE 5.5". So can somebody tell me why they you aluminum for the brake line ends. You would think theat they would use stainless.

do they just bolt right up? If they do that would be sweet:D
thanks for the tip

YJ brake line

I recently put on 95 YJ brake lines, and I think Napa carries them. They waere about 15/ea. They're much longer that stock XJ lines. I also put on 2 passenger side e-brake cables from a 95 YJ that are nice and long too. Just about broke my stock lines off at the drums.

CB

Thanks everybody for the info, I just got a 1-ton chevy front line, it bolted up mint, so again thanks for all the info. I try to get pics up as soon as possible.

Bill

Back