• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrangler 4-door

prljeep

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know anything about Jeep releasing a new Wrangler 4-door model? Possibly releasing it under the Scrambler name? I had someone try to pass the 1997 Jeep Dakar off to me as this new model.

I was wondering if it would be built off the Liberty frame?

Thanks,
PRLJEEP

I saw a picture of one somewhere, i think it was on naxja, it looked awesome.... i think it was under the same post that showed that new "bruit" or somthin.... it was a wrangler with 4 dfoors and looked lifted pretty high ... nice rig

Not stock, but try looking at AEV COnversions.

liberties have frames?

small pederson said:
liberties have frames?

:D :firedevil

Maybe he meant "platform"?

It's Coming

DCX announced today that the 4-door Wrangler is coming to Toledo, OH. I will post some pictures as soon as my local news source updates its website!

PRLJEEP

www.jeepin.com/campjeep2002/index.asp

check out the second pic down on the right. that was a concept vehicle built a few years ago for show by DCX (I think).

if the link doesn't work it's jeepin.com - trail reports - camp jeep 2002 on the first page

that is a Dakar....

It was built in like 96 or so. I've got a mag somewhere about it.

Re: that is a Dakar....

American Expidition Vehicles, the company that produces most of Jeep's concept show vehicles, offers a 4 door wrangler for sale. It even includes a warranty! Their web site is aev-conversions.com

Georgia Mike said:
With the current direction of Daimler/Chrysler towards the Jeep brand,it wouldn't suprise me if the regular Wrangler were done this way in the future:anon:

No, if the current trend continues Jeeps will SUCK. They're already neutering the line-up. XJ dies for the KJ. Who's next is my only question, the TJ or the WJ. I see that stupid little Jeep Compass thing as replacing the TJ and effectively killing the Jeep brand. :gonnablow

The DC merger will be the end of Chrysler and Jeep. It's already killed Plymouth...

I don't have the website, but there is a guy in Northern Illinois that converts wranglers (stretches them) to seat 7-8 people (2 front, 2 middle, or 3 with a bench and 3 in the back. You should be able to find the site if you do a search over the internet. I guess this guy has sold to Disneyland and other places as a novelty. I'll see if I can dig up some info on this. I moved from IL to Ca 1/03 and had the guys card. This conv is real professional, not a hack job either. I found the website:

http://www.backcountryjournal.com/stretch.htm
Hope this helps, this should also be cheaper than aev too.

Back