• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 5.5 The Real Height

XJOFFROAD

NAXJA Forum User
Im hearing all kinds of different things about what this kit really gives you. RE says it gives you 5.5" but other people running this lift says it gives you 6.5"?? I need to know because Im goin to run 35's under it and wondering if I need coil spacers and a lift block in the rear or can I trim out and install Bushwacker Cutouts ??

XJOFFROAD said:
Im hearing all kinds of different things about what this kit really gives you. RE says it gives you 5.5" but other people running this lift says it gives you 6.5"?? I need to know because Im goin to run 35's under it and wondering if I need coil spacers and a lift block in the rear or can I trim out and install Bushwacker Cutouts ??

I just installed the lift a few weeks ago. I only have 31's on there now and have 33's sitting here waiting for my gear change. If someone tells me how to measure to see how high I am, I will be glad to do so. I can tell you right now that my 33X10.50's will fit no problem and I am not going to need to trim at all.

Curt

I have Bear549's XJ in my barn right now. He has this exact kit and I believe he said it gave him closer to 7". It's a bit tall to me, 35's would fit great with some decent triming. You can always get the blocks and crap later if you don't like it. I'm adding a fair amount of armor weight to it, kinda hoping it brings it down some.

Sean

I think everyones common find is that you get a bit more lift for a few weeks until the springs get a chance to settle. I did the install a few weeks back (plus a set of Marks wonderful ACOS's) and found that I did get over 7in all around. This seems to have settled a bit it seems to be at 7 or 6.5 in the front and 6 or 5.5 in the rear. It looks really good, I like it a little higher in the front. I DO have problems with my 33 / 12.5 TSL's. I rub on the street and in parking lots. I have not taken it off road yet, but I can assure you it needs a major trim job before I go out. I only rub in the front, but you can tell the back is going to need some major trimming to make them stuff.

-Scott

Just sitting and or flexing takes a lot of time to settle a pack... it wasn't till I towed a camping trailer to and from Moab that my 3.5" leaves finally seemed to settle....

Also it depends on how much junk you keep in the back and how heavy your bumpers are and so on....

I did a search on measuring the lift. You got me interested what I have. I am sitting 6.75" more in front and 7" in rear with my RE 5.5. The lift is only a few weeks old, so I don't know if it will settle. I have put on a ton of miles with trips to bone yards lately and hauled some crap, so I don't think it will settle that much more, but time will tell.

Curt

Back