• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel cell "out-ies" for one barb

Beezil

Member #Nay
NAXJA Member
seany, e-mail no workie....

posting the picture here.

ya know, you confuse me, you can shave a 60 without even sweating it, yet plumbing a multi-point pick-up in a fuel cell using the included sump bungs makes you say things like "it won't work"....

well, here you go mr. poster nutbag, a 2-dollar solution....

all ya gotta do, it run a 1/4 pipe tap on the BACK side of the threaded reducer bushing, so you can thread the hose barb that goes inside the tank......

maybe your tank doesn't have 1/2" npt fitting welded in like mine does, maybe that contributed to your mental block?

much love,

beezil

img_3724.jpg

My outies are male, not female. Does that setup actually thread in with a hose on it before hitting the bottom of your sump? Or have you tried that yet o master of the obvious?

there you go again with your defeatist attitude.

sure, there is still room to put the hose on first, but not the hose clamp. I can plumb the guts after the thingy is in there.

increase da peace

What about cutting 1 or 2 of the barbs off, will that give you the clearance you need? I had to cut them off to fit in the "new" fuel pump.

yeah I can do that, but I still have room.

I just came up from the basement, the holley pickups don't match the instructions...

I remember a thread on por that talked about a change of design....

gotta check it out...

the "cell" is going to keep the pickups in-place perfectly, that was the only thing I thought I'd hafta mess with

Where'd you guys score the pick-ups? I've looked for 'em at Summit and Jegs with no luck. Help a sucka out...
-Jon

they are a summit thing...made by holley....

if you do a search at por fuel + cell there's a bunch of threads on them...

I have some pics to post that may help you......

Yup, I've followed the fuel cell starvation threads on POR, but haven't found a p/n yet. I guess I'll head back to Summit to see if I can find something about the Holly pick-ups. Thanks
-Jon

create your own instructions yet? Better fire that thing tomorrow and make sure it runs :D

yeah, instructions are bunk. the por thread ( a couple posts at the end) are correct.

different product, same instructions....

thos esob's need to include a barbed "t" in the kit, since you NEED one now.....

had one on hand, luckily.

pics next post.

Back