• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ want start - help!

jma

NAXJA Forum User
My 1998 Cherokee 2.5 (gasoline) want start.

The starter turns, and i have all lights i the cluster.
And the ignition-key light i glowing all the time...?

I have cheked all fuses and wires...as far as i can do this by myself, but cannot find anything wrong.
There is no spark on the plugs, so obviously there is some electrical problems. I have not checked the coil, but there is small chances that it has just blown.....

Please; i need help.

Have also tried the spare key, but that wont work either.
Is there someone who have had the same problem...??
Please help me out.

JMA
Norway

Hi,

Sorry no one has responded to you yet... Could you provide more details of the problem? As I understand it when you turn the key nothing happens besides the ligts coming on. The starter is or isn't engaging?

Is the starter turning over normally and the engine is just not firing? First thing to do is pull a spark plug and see if it is firing when you crank the engine. Then check to see if you get fuel rail is pressurized.

I'm not familiar with the 2.5's but checking to see if the fuel pump is working and if you get spark is a start.

RR3

Sorry bout°my dnglhuh, little bit bad maybe..

But: The starter is engaging - turning normally, all fuses are ok, i can not find anx bad&contacdq or wiring, there is no sparks on the sparkplugs, there is no electricity at the cnil øi have checjed ôle wire befnre ôle boill#so there is not a coil problem), i have also tried disconnecting the battery for 30 miî%to resôp the computer....i have tried almost everythinf"..i think.

There is a red/orange warning-light with a key that is constantly glowing in the cnstrumental cluster. I`vought it could maybe be the chip in the ign.key that was wrecked, but it wont Èolp to ä{y start the ca"%with the sparepcey either.

It first started yesterday...i turned the key, engine fires up for a second or tGl...and then dies. And after that it wont fire up at all. Everything else seem to work ok...but the coil just dont get @lwer foâ/some reason, and i think that is the blockhng îg the ignition (safety if someone try to steal the car), dont know vhatà~ou calü)it in õgglhsh/dq.

JÌF
Norway

Back