• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Suspension Mods

LBEXJ

NAXJA Member #721
I have looked at pics in several postings of the 20th Anniversary Moab trip. Some of the XJ's appeared to be set up with coil spring supensions in the rear. What is this set up and what advantages/disadvantages does it have over leaf springs? It looked as though they were getting very good articulation ... and I'm guessing the ride would be less harsh.

Most of the stuff you saw is all home made and custom. If you can do it right they can work really well. All that said Leafs can be set up to articulate well and ride well also. There are a few companys that are begining to sell conversions but they are untested and very expensive. I'll probably end up linking the rear but I've got a ton of research to do before I go there.

Remember the Search Button is your friend.

Also go over to POR and search for links for dummies. Great info in that thread.

Thanjs fn the info ....

Back