• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coooolllll!!!!!!

This is a big step forward for NAXJA, but one that will allow us to concentrate on things other than constant password updates. We are now into the 21st century, forum-wise. :cool:

This 'new' style of forum takes a bit of getting used to for some, but the features and ease of maintenance for both the users and the admin make it well worthwhile! The decision to adopt this style of forum was made by the NAXJA Board of Directors, so please don't freak out on our volunteer support staff.

I want to thank the Webteam for their very hard work keeping the old forums up (it was a huge PITA) and for helping us through the transition to these modern forums. We all owe them a big round of applause for their dedication to NAXJA!

Don "Woody" Woodward
NAXJA President

Let me just say that I was against change but I can live with this layout. I think this is in the best interest of NAXJA as a whole and brings our club website up to date. It really makes sense to have all our forums in one place and in one style of BB. I thank the webteam for all their hard work. :thumbup:

Jes
NAXJA Member#293

The change rocks. I loved the old forums, but, alas, they lost compression and the main bearings were shot...

...This much better. Good job guys, have a beer. :cheers:

I like the change and am glad I will now be able to lose my password and fix it myself.

Tom

I think I'll reserve comment until I have some time to get used to the new layout, but it doesn't look too bad so far. I liked the "at-a-glance" view of updates on the threaded format, but this could work...

BTW - how does one go about getting an Avatar built?

5-90

woody said:
This is a big step forward for NAXJA, but one that will allow us to concentrate on things other than constant password updates. We are now into the 21st century, forum-wise. :cool:

This 'new' style of forum takes a bit of getting used to for some, but the features and ease of maintenance for both the users and the admin make it well worthwhile! The decision to adopt this style of forum was made by the NAXJA Board of Directors, so please don't freak out on our volunteer support staff.

I want to thank the Webteam for their very hard work keeping the old forums up (it was a huge PITA) and for helping us through the transition to these modern forums. We all owe them a big round of applause for their dedication to NAXJA!

Don "Woody" Woodward
NAXJA President

So we now can say that NAXJA has come out of the stone age?

Some like the rocks, but I've learned to like this format over the years. Thanks guys:yelclap:

Sometimes an old favorite shirt just gets too many holes and has to be retired.... sure love the fit of this one :D

...and to think, the original forum style had me confused to high heavens at first. I got used to them, and then came to really like the layout. Oh well, things change.

Keep up the excellent work guys!

--Matt

Looks like I'll be playing around with the options for a while. Very different!

Good work uys!

This is damn cool!

The old forums were really getting old. Hard to follow long threads too.

5-90 said:
I saw the ones with names, and figure they're personal. What are the numbered ones - is there a place where we can look at them?

Also, what are the limitations on custom pix, or are they automatically resized?

5-90

Just click on the "user cp" icon,when the page changes,click on the edit options icon. When the page changes again,scroll down and find the avitar thing and click under it where it says "more info". This will take you to the selectable avitars. You have to use one of the pre-selected ones until you get 101 or more posts,and yes,they will be automatically re-sized,so get a good close-up shot of what you've got or it'll be too small to be legiable. I think that's the way it should work anyhow :anon:

Back