• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One Tone makes fun of my cheap hoses

Beezil

Member #Nay
NAXJA Member
hey one hose,

since you don't like graingers hydro hoses, wouldya mind pointing me in the right direction?

what do cool kids like you use?

you were saying something about make-your-own-length hoses or something.....

were can i get something swanky like that?

I don't make my own. I go down to Sterling Rubber. They use Matchmate Blue or Aeroquip. I think your hoses were just too low of a burst strength. I think mine are rated over 15K psi, but I'm not sure. Go find your local hydro repair place.

Gimme your dimensions and I'll ship 'em to ya :rolleyes: It's only 10 mins from my place. Lazy A$$

Cripes, how lazy can one man be?

Most Napa's make hoses, and most can get Aeroquip line.

CRASH

B,

Use the hoses my son Hunter uses for all his hydro lines,

they come in his box of LEGOs

You cut them to length yourself and slip them on.

Works GREAT! Just right for your rig, I bet they hold longer than the your last one.

:D

hinkley

thats great ted. I have places too. a shitload.

I'm just interested in some kind of solution that I can make custom length hoses myself.

one ton was mentioning something like this, and won't tell me now, cause he's pissed about my 8-ball.

For extra bling factor - how about aeroquip or similar braided hose with the AN series anodized fittings? once you know how, those hoses are easy to assemble, or modify and trail repairs are a snap.

But spendy compared to a NAPA or aeroquip rubber pre-assembled hose.

My dad used to work for Parker, back when they were Parker - Hannafin. He is still in that field. All the companies have fittings and hoses that are self assembly. You rarely see them though as they are easily 2 or 3 times the cost of the mass produced ones.

Or take all the hoses when an Indycar team closes as payment for labor? No wait, that was me. :D

Local Planetary shop here (PECO) makes all my hoses. Aeroquip.
For the return line on my Steering, I just bought an end and a 2ft length, then cut it exactly at home.
I would never buy stock hoses for anything again. The price is kinda high, but they last forever, and the guy there understands Jeepish Blabbering :D
Tranny Lines
Oil lines
all 4 steering lines
and Fuel lines
But, if you want to cut ur own, get a crimp and some fittings from Summit or similar, buy ur hose bulk. The crimp may be expensive though

Back