• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

interior history ?

AKjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
if im not mistaken, in the limited package you could get an overhead console in the cherokee on the later year versions. my question is does anyone have one in theirs or know where i can get one? i want to put one in my 99', i dont know what it would take to wire but i want it mostly for the extra map lights.

AKjeeper said:
if im not mistaken, in the limited package you could get an overhead console in the cherokee on the later year versions. my question is does anyone have one in theirs or know where i can get one? i want to put one in my 99', i dont know what it would take to wire but i want it mostly for the extra map lights.

It was not just on the limited versions. I have a '97 Sport that I ordered from the factory with the overhead console. I have no idea of the wiring involved...I'm at work and my FSM is at home. I do know that there is one currently for sale on eBay for a 97-01. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6763&item=2441379100

Good Luck!

Rock On!

Steve

Last edited:
'96 Sport and I've got the full-length overhead with four lights, sunglass holder, garage-door opener slot, keyless entry receiver and thermostat/compass.

I've talked to a few glass installers and they've said that the wiring runs up the driver's side door pillar and along the front of the headliner near the glass regardless of whether the Cherokee has a overhead console or not. I don't know what years are involved with that however so I'd imagine most of the earlier models don't have the wiring...

i have a 96 sport without the overhead console, but would also like one if i came across one.

question is: do i still have the smae wiring even though i dont have the full length console (i have only the small receiver for the remote door locks)

also-do i already have the sensors installed for the compass/thermostat? where are the located?

capttrev

Back