• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blown Radio Fuse...Help

juicexj24

NAXJA Forum User
On Friday the radio was working fine, turned the thing off...started it back up no radio. Replaced fuse, burned it right out. Replaced it again later that night, burned right out again. I have checked the fuses on the amp that I have and they are fine. I would guess it's a ground wire but I have no idea where to start looking for it. Any help would be great. Juice

Maybe not a ground wire, but a positive with a worn spot that is shorting to ground.

ChiXJeff

In fact, definitely not a ground. A short is a wire that contacts ground when it's not supposed to. A ground wire is intended to contact ground, so who cares if it does it 6 feet or 6 inches after the device?

It's a bit of a PITA, but remove the radio and unplug it from the connector. Then replace the fuse and run a jumper with a test light from the power terminal in the connector to ground and see if that makes it blow.

Back