• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aftermarket bumper?

mikie2084

NAXJA Forum User
This question is for the guys with aftermarket front bumpers. The crush sensors are somewhere at the stock bumper I believe, so when you swap out to like a BPI or a bumper from Bulletproof do your airbags still work? I don't know much about the airbags but know I need a front attachment point so I was looking at a aftermarket bumper with a 2'' reciever, and still want my airbags to deploy if in an accident. Also any opinions on the best bumper for the money is appreciated. 98 XJ

Mike

Also any opinions on the best bumper for the money is appreciated

picture.JPG

Its not fully isntalled yet...front edge is up but you can see, 3/16" and 1/4" folded steel, this particular bumper knocked over a 6" pine tree in an accident and was virtually unfazed, the tree however is no more :D 350.00 protofab and I can get you one a little cheaper than that probably.

thanks for all the info guys.

xjnation I like the look of that bumper but does it come with a receiver instead? I'm not looking to buy right now just weighing my options thanks though.

mike

Back