• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission shifting problems

lndrvrxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 88 with the auto tranny in it. The other day i noticed that when i go to pass someone on the highway my tranny is not down shifting. I can shift it fine manually, and it shfts fine in drive it is just not down shifting when i give it the gas.......
any ideas..............is it a sensor or what

Run a search for "Yet another AW4 transmission problem" in this forum. Some of the manuals and maintenance info sources, seem to have the wrong or conflicting information about this adjustment. Though the difference in the two most accepted methods are minimal.

I´d check the floor matts and/or the carpet bunching under the gas pedal, before I adjust anything.

Well i i adjusted the kick down cable the way haynes said to do and it still won't kick down a gear when i stomp the gas. i did the search and read the post, but i am not having a problem with the jeep shift normally it is just not kicking down....any other ideas

I read over the ATSG manual in the troubleshooting section, and to me it sounds like my problem is the selenoids. what would be my best way to go about testing this and fixing. If there are any other ideas out there, HELP.

Recap, My jeep shifts normally. But will just not kickdown to the lower gear when i need to pass someone.

I did the Throttle Valve adjustment, what else.:confused:

Back