• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Bumper Attachment

csudman

NAXJA Forum User
Is it nessisary to attach the bumper tho the stock 8 holes or can I just build it into the reciver hitch holes? I figure it would be plenty tough after all its made to support trailers. And it won't be doin that anymore.

I think that the 10 holes used to mount the reciever are strong, but why not do the other 8 too? A total of 18 fasteners on two different planes stiffens the rear unibody a great deal. while I was making my rear bumper I drove around with just the reciever bolts attached. Then i attached all 18 and it made a huge difference in rear body flex. jmho

i used the factory 8 holes and then the two on the bottom rail.. HOWEVER... I've still got a trailer hitch, so this ties into that...

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

I've lifted the rear off the ground with the highlift... and have slammed down hard off ledges... it's solid...

If you don't have a hitch, sounds like your plan kicks butt...

Back