• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1995 salvage yard lift

xjwoody

NAXJA Forum User
There's a 1995 XJ Country with some sort of ProComp lift in my area (Auto Recycling Center). Can I put this equipment on a 1987 XJ Wagoneer Limited? It has UCAs and LCAs, (4) ES1000 shocks, springs, leafs, and adjustable everything...

FYI: This Country had been hit in the rear passenger side, causing one of the leaf packs to bend in a most unfortunate manner. Could this have ruined the remainder of the equipment?

Is it worth my time and effort?

Thanks...

Will the stuff fit an '87? Yes.

Is it worth the time and effort? Dunno. If the leaf spring has been bent, it's toast. The other syuff might be worth some wrench time if you can buy it cheap. I've never use Pro Comp stuff, but I have seen enough people refer to it as "Pro Crap" that I would not pay a lot for it.

Procomp

Ive had my 3" procomp lift for two years now and find nothing wrong with it. It is a bit stiff but i can deal with it. It is all in a matter of personal opinion. Procomp, Procrap dont knock it till you try it.
Digger

Shocks could be bad, or close to it. Probably not worth the time to pull everything off.

The PC control arms suck!They go thru bushings and sleaves about every month.Ive given them away twice since and they were just replaced again with some RE's!

Back