• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BPI front bumpers

Mick

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone out there use BPI bumpers with the hitch receiver? I'm curious to know how strong the mounting is for winching etc.

I'm currently debating if I want to fab my own bumpers or buy custom ones, and I like the look of the BPI bumper (from what I've seen on the 'net... haven't met any out in the field.)

Mick.

Great bumper.

Mine has taken some abuse, and after some Rust-Oleum, always looks like new.
If you are pondering using it with a multimount winch, I have seen it done many times with a friend who has the same bumper.
The approach angle on them is great too.
Good luck.

Here's a picture of how the bumper mounts to the frame:
IMG_1548.JPG

My bpi has taken lots of abuse and it's still good to go.
IMG_2774.jpg

Ditto! I love my BPI, and it's got beat up a bit to with only paint damage to show for it. I don't have the hitch version though - but I haven't seen anything shoddy from them so I would feel confident in that as well.

I dunno about fatwreck's, but I made some really simple storage pins using the pins that came with the discos (for use on TJ's) and a piece of aluminum. I just bent the aluminum in an L-shape and and drilled a couple holes in it - one for the storage pin and one for attaching it to an already-threaded hole on the frame rails (I think it is there for the factory front skid).

Since I can't attach pictures here.... here's a link to a JU thread with pictures - along with some other folks idea's on what to do...

http://jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=447740

Thanks for all your replies everyone, I think if I don't end up fab'ing my own bumper I'll end up going with this. I definitely like the look of their bumper.

Mick.

I'm chiming in a bit late .... and I have the winch mount .... but I love my BPI. It's held up through some decent winching & taken out it's fair share of trees......

I will say, I was a little wary of the mounting. I mean the c4x4 tow hooks I had at least used an extra mounting point about 9" back ..... so I ended up reusing the tow hoow brackets on top of the bumper mounts... :D
IMG_0371.JPG

For $308 +$12 for primer & bedliner I'm very happy

what they said . Nice bumper .. now to just get the rear XJ bumper to fit on my MJ ,,... should be fun ,,,,

I have the original prototype/first production unit for the BPI bumper. I do all my own fab work, but when I saw how well they built it, and for the price, I bought it on the spot. It has held up real well with some extremely hard wheeling. I rolled my XJ over the driver's side front corner and the bumper held up the weight of the whole vehicle with only paint scratches. I'm sold.

Tom Houston
Loveland, Colorado

C-Rok Plate?

Anyone figure out how to use a C-Rok steering box plate with this bumper? Since the mounting arms are welded to the bumper shimming it out 3/16" so it will fit over the plate won't work. Any good ideas?:confused:

People have done it two different ways:
1. Use a heavy hammer to force widen the mounts to get enough clearance to slip the plate under.
2. Cut off the portion of the C-ROK plate that conflicts with the bumper mount and weld the two together (your C-ROK plate becomes part of your bumper mount)

Or just get a C-ROK bumper and get an integral frame plate as part of the mounting system :D

I fabbed some additional mounting arms to mine (like tow hook brackets) and had them welded on.

bpi14.jpg

It was good but in retrospect I wish I had fabbed a bigger plate for the drivers side to support the steering box... BUT... over the winter I think I am going to hack that arm off and try and fit the C-Rok plate in one of the ways Greg mentioned.

Thanks Greg for your input. I didn't really want to take a BFH to the mounts on a brand new bumper though. I know I'm a wuss. Since your web site says "coming soon" on the bumpers I went ahead and called BPI and they told me they would make me a bumper with the drivers side mounting arm moved over 3/16" of an inch to fit over your brace. :) and yes I ordered your brace! Hope it all works out as planned :angel:

Can anyone get me pics of a non-winch, non-hitch BPI bumper from the backside...uninstalled? I like the photo EricsXJ has....have you got anymore from different angles? I'm getting one, just need some ideas for a plan I'm incubating. ;)

SeaMonkey said:
Thanks Greg for your input. I didn't really want to take a BFH to the mounts on a brand new bumper though. I know I'm a wuss. Since your web site says "coming soon" on the bumpers I went ahead and called BPI and they told me they would make me a bumper with the drivers side mounting arm moved over 3/16" of an inch to fit over your brace. :) and yes I ordered your brace! Hope it all works out as planned :angel:

I'm sure you'll be happy with the BPI bumper and thanks for the order!

FYI: Our front bumpers are actually available right now but our website has not been updated to reflect. We'll probably do one major overhaul to the site when we update to include the rear bumper and cages kits.

C-ROK said:

FYI: Our front bumpers are actually available right now but our website has not been updated to reflect. We'll probably do one major overhaul to the site when we update to include the rear bumper and cages kits.

when will that be greg?

Ive been waiting for a long time for your site to be updated with some detailed pics... I am deciding on a front and rears bumpers, and would like some pictures of your stuff in my decision pot

Send me an e-mail and I can get you some pics.

[email protected]

The rear bumper should be available by late Nov. We had the first unit out in time for Moab but the design was not complete yet. The geometry of the rear means that it will take us a few runs to go it perfect.
The first cage kits will probably be available early Dec. We just finished tooling for the CNC bender this week. The first unit should be out in a couple of weeks. Once that is test fit and all is good, we can start taking orders.

ECKSJAY said:
Can anyone get me pics of a non-winch, non-hitch BPI bumper from the backside...uninstalled? I like the photo EricsXJ has....have you got anymore from different angles? I'm getting one, just need some ideas for a plan I'm incubating. ;)
I have a bunch more pics from the backside etc but they are not hosted. PM me your email address and I will email them to you. :)

Back