• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question for the fix it man...

Jared

NAXJA Forum User
How do you post a pic without a link to a third party website like webshots.com?

Also, how do you post a link to a website without actually showing the link's address in your post? You know, like when people post something like this:

"here are some pics"

where the word "pics" is blue and clicking it takes you to some website where you find his pics. All I have figured out how to do is something like this:

"www.webshots.com/user/deadeyej"

Any help?

well, i'm not the "fix it guy", but i might be able to help you out.

How do you post a pic without a link to a third party website like webshots.com?

webshots doesn't allow you to do this. this is called 3rd party or remote hosting. yahoo also doesn't allow this. there are a handfull that do. i can't remember them all, but i'm sure cardomain.com does. but i know there are more.

Also, how do you post a link to a website without actually showing the link's address in your post? You know, like when people post something like this:

"here are some pics"

if you look at your reply box that you type in, there are a bunch of controls (aka buttons) right above it. when you want to post a like like the one above, click on the button that has "http://" written on it. this will allow you to insert a hyperlink. click on it. it will bring up a box where you can type stuff in. this is the box were you want to put the text that will be displayed. in your example it would be "here are some pics." click on "OK". this will bring up another box. this is where you put the internet address. click on "OK" and you're done with that.

hope this helps ya out

Back