• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 lock-right.....

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
would there be a difference in a lock-right for the non-disconnect and the disconnect axles?? any downside to running this locker in my non-disco, besides never using my full-time setting again on the NP-242 ?? this is for my "trail-only-except-when -needed" 87 limited....
mike

There is only one part number listed for all years of XJ's. So disco or non-disco makes no difference. I'm running a Lock-Right in my non-disco now. It ratchets during sharp parking lot turns. Grinds a little if I make those turns too fast. It is not noticable otherwise.

Off road it's great. Stuff I'd have to bump over before, I can now just crawl over. It is harder to turn. In some situations where I had to make a sharp turn on bare rock, I've had to disengage 4 wheel drive. This hasn't been a real issue since in those situations, 4 wheel drive wasn't necessary.

RR3

Back