• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 rear locker- Aussie or No-Slip?

BillR

Toy Jeep driver!
If you had a choice between the two for a DD rear end, which would you chose and why?
I know the No-Slip is more spendy, but just compare functions...
TIA!

I don't regret getting my Aussie, it what I can afford right now. I've heard good things about the no-slips operation, but I also have read about some manufactuing problems. Maybe Richmond has things straightned out now.

The thing is though if you are going to spend $400 on a no-slip, why not shell out about $150 more for an ARB. I know the ARB requires air, but it can be done very cheap until you can build a good OBA system.

The idea is the same, but the execution is different...the No-SLip has diferent clutches so you won't hear it ratcheting.

RJ

I have a lockrite and a powertrax the powertrax is in the rear
and If I had the choice I wouldnt have done it again for that much money but when I did mine the aussie wasent around. I can say though it is very quiet but who cares I sure dont.

XJCHUCK72 said:
I've heard good things about the no-slips operation, but I also have read about some manufactuing problems. Maybe Richmond has things straightned out now.

The thing is though if you are going to spend $400 on a no-slip, why not shell out about $150 more for an ARB. I know the ARB requires air, but it can be done very cheap until you can build a good OBA system.

Chuck-
I got the No-Slip slightly used. A guy here in AZ had it in a TJ for about 10K miles, and his wife hated it. (manual tranny)
I would NOT have paid full price for a No-Slip. I would've added a few bucks and got a Detroit.

Anyway, I'll be selling one of them in a few days, or I may keep it for the front...;)

i was planning on running an ARB in the rear, but the d44 i bought had just had a no-slip installed. i personally like it. alot.
Rockhound

I've had a rear Lock-Right and currently have a rear No-Slip. The No-Slip is much less harsh on the street. The Aussie will operate like a Lock-Right. I would go with the No-Slip for a DD. The ratcheting and banging of the Lock-Right got annoying.

RR3

BillR said:
Chuck-
I got the No-Slip slightly used. A guy here in AZ had it in a TJ for about 10K miles, and his wife hated it. (manual tranny)
I would NOT have paid full price for a No-Slip. I would've added a few bucks and got a Detroit.

Anyway, I'll be selling one of them in a few days, or I may keep it for the front...;)

Well, in that case, go with the no-slip. My wife rarely drives my jeep but I think it's fine with my Aussie and MT.

lunch boxes

i had the qick loc in my 44. ran it for 2 months and took it out. worked great off raod but was the chirp monster from heck all the time on the street. right now it's just sitting in a carrier witht he 3:55 gears on it. i put in the arb and wish wouldn't have spent the 250 bucks on the quick loc.

Back