• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Traction Bars

MrShoeBoy

NAXJA Forum User
How many of you have found that you have axle wrap caused by increased power and or gearing? I have major wheel hop when going from 1st to 2ed with the 4.10s and the power coming from my 4.0L:D

I am starting to plan out on how to build mine but wanted to hear your guys opinions on them. I need some opinions from the go fast crowd:) I know from reading the Traction Bar posts on the Modified tech forum what their opinions are.

Thanks,

AARON

the best setup i've seen to date for a 4x4 would be sams off road witch is a ladderbar with a shacle at the crossmember mount. either that or a 4 link but that will bind your leaves while flexing.

MrShoeBoy said:
I am starting to plan out on how to build mine but wanted to hear your guys opinions on them. I need some opinions from the go fast crowd:) I know from reading the Traction Bar posts on the Modified tech forum what their opinions are.

The purpose is the same, regardless of whether it's for on- or off-road. Only difference is that for off-road it's more important to maintain suspension articulation.

I like MaXJohnson's bar. If you checked the Mod forum, I assume you saw that one. FWIW, MaXJohnson and Ed Stevens are the "go to" guys for tricky suspension questions.

An easy common and effective traction bar is a bar mounted to the top of the axle near the spring pack and then bolted to the front mount of the spring pack.

It's been used as a factory option on some cars and trucks.

Back