• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another stupid idea!

TiRod

NAXJA Forum User
What with the pinion/caster angle conflict in big lifts on the front end, why not separate the two functions?

1) torque tube the front with a solid attachment at the diff - and a joint right close to the transfer case, leaving the pinion to always be correctly aligned.

2) attach the LCA/UCA's to captive co axial rotating knuckles, keeping the caster corrected throught vertical travel with proper length links. Weld full floater spindles directly to the tubes, then mount the knuckles onto them. Let the axle rotate, with control.

Yes, I have nothing better to think about. :D and No, it's probably not worth the complication. But you can't torque the tube out of the diff - just break something weaker.

Torque "tubes" would be nice for those 8.8 rosette welds, too.

The pinion/caster conflict is not a off-road articulation confrontation. At least for me it isn't.

The only way to sperated the two is to grind your knuckles off and rotate them or get offset balljoints.

Edit: I just read your post for the fourth time. And it still seems fuzzy.

TiRod said:
What with the pinion/caster angle conflict in big lifts on the front end, why not separate the two functions?

1) torque tube the front with a solid attachment at the diff - and a joint right close to the transfer case, leaving the pinion to always be correctly aligned.

2) attach the LCA/UCA's to captive co axial rotating knuckles, keeping the caster corrected throught vertical travel with proper length links. Weld full floater spindles directly to the tubes, then mount the knuckles onto them. Let the axle rotate, with control.

Yes, I have nothing better to think about. :D and No, it's probably not worth the complication. But you can't torque the tube out of the diff - just break something weaker.

Torque "tubes" would be nice for those 8.8 rosette welds, too.

Wouldn't it just be easier to build a hovercraft??

Re: Re: another stupid idea!

C-ROK said:

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Re: Re: another stupid idea!

C-ROK said:

Will someone explaint to me what this has to do with vacuum cleaners?:huh: :conceited

Re: Re: Re: another stupid idea!

k7ant said:
Will someone explaint to me what this has to do with vacuum cleaners?:huh: :conceited

Oh, come on........hovercraft blow, and vacuum cleaners suck. :rolleyes:

:D :D

(damn, this silly thread hijacking is getting out of hand)

Re: Re: Re: Re: another stupid idea!

Goatman said:
Oh, come on........hovercraft blow, and vacuum cleaners suck. :rolleyes:

:D :D

(damn, this silly thread hijacking is getting out of hand)

This tread sucks
9120_p145822.gif

What do you expect us to say about that idea:D

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't radius arms solve the problem? They too keep the pinion angle fairly unchanged throughout their travel, if they are a similar length to the driveline. They just seem so much simpler...

But seriously, for most people with HP30's, the pinion angle isn't much of an issue. For the lifted LP guys, maybe some of this stuff could be a viable option. RCP Phx has a killer longarm lift setup and a LP30. Ask him what his front angles are like.

Jared

Back