• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mammoth Lakes Trails???

[email protected]

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all will be up in Mammoth Lakes this december and wanted to know if anybody knows any area where i can do a little wheeling in the snow. I am not really looking for any full trail that take up the whole day just an area or short easy trail where my brother an i can do some snow wheeling. Maybe a side road parralles a highway, or even a trail if you guys know of any that are open during winter. Any info on this matter will be great. Thanks

Ahh, you're over here too? :) I just replied to your post over at JU.

get an Inyo Forest map

There are several good roads that you can venture out on without getting in to much trouble. A couple come to mind over by benton crossing and also right in town near the stables that take you out to the moto cross course area etc. Also the road that goes into the hot springs is a good one also. these are all good roads and it really is under the conditions of how much snow is in the area at the time.
Good luck.
GRNT

I know that the......

I know the rangers close a lot of the trails in Big bear during the snow season. Does the rangers in the mammoth area do the same or are all OHV trails open during the snow season? I guess the only way to find out would be to try or call the ranger stations.

The trail to Laurel Lake would be closed in the winter. It's a good trail in the summer though. Most trails on the west side of 395 are closed in the winter. But everything on the east side of 395 is open. Like GRNT said, the trails off Benton Crossing Road are good, as are the trails off of Little Antelope Valley Road.

Back