• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Banks Headers

KLXJ

NAXJA Forum User
If I were to get the Banks headers, do I need the optional head pipe or can I use the orignal headpipe?

Where's the best place to get them?

thanks guys

Since it's an I6 you only need one header (singular) :) . Since most of the HP/TQ gains come from changing the stock crimped headpipe, there's no point in keeping it so get the optional headpipe as well.

KLXJ said:
If I were to get the Banks headers, do I need the optional head pipe or can I use the orignal headpipe?

Where's the best place to get them?

thanks guys

Borla comes complete. You may want to look at them as well. Not sure which one is better, but I am getting a 3 mpg improvement and have more torque as well with the Borla. Banks may do the same though.

Curt

banks?

was on a post earlier today and it was mentioned there that banks does not make the head pipe for the XJ ,only the TJ. they were told to use the stock head pipe.i remember thinking the first time i crawled under that i musta hit something real wierd to put a dent there! don't know if this was correct but it is odd that i ran into it today. i will check this thread since i will need a new exhaust manifold soon too.

Hmmm... Banks or Borla???

heard a lot of good things about Banks but wonder if the down pipe is really neccessary?

Any suggestions guys?

It would be ridiculious to spend a ton of cash to have your exhaust flow smoothly out of your head, down the side of the block, then dump into the same crappy crimped 30cent downpipe the factory installed.

Back