• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lifting the front and got some Q's

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK... I will lift using either coils + spacers or just coils (not really an issue here) to achieve 4"+ of lift.... now I will put in RE lowers (non adjust) and RE uppers (adjust) and the RE HD trackbar and bracket.
Now my question is: will I have to worry about the tierod or anything else??

Kejtar
P.S. Brakelines I think are taken care of, so that's not an issue either :D

Your tie rod and drag link should be fine. I was concerned about the angles on the TREs with the 5.5", but I haven't broken anything yet:D . I think that articulation doesn't really bring the TREs to the limits of their range of movement, but axle droop when climbing could possibly be a problem. I actually have some spacers to raise my front another 1.5", but I do think I should do something with the steering first, and since I want to upgrade the axle, I don't know what to do:confused: HTH

You will have to lengthen the drag-link and tie-rod for proper alignment, but as for replacing them, you shouldn't need to do anything. As for how much to lengthen the tie-rod, I've always used the info on Gojeep's site(don't know the URL, sorry) and it has done me well. HTH

Ary

Back