• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat Replacement

Urban Redneck

NAXJA Forum User
After a lot of consideration, actually after a ride home from some friend's house and having about a cup of beef grease(mmm...beefy) spill from a pan into the front seat, I am looking for new front seats. I was looking at the Corbeau Targa RS Seats or the Mastercraft Rubicon Seats. I know that covering the seat with a seat cover is out of the question, cuz it soaked into the foam of the seat. Has anyone swapped out their seats for either one of these? How do you like them. I am really leaning toward the Corbeau, because you can recline them, I am 6'2" so I need to kick them back a lil to keep from bashing my head on the liner. Any pros or cons between the two? Thanks.

I have a set of the Corbeau Baja SS seats and love them!Another plus is that they have seats mounts for them.

Maybe I asked the wrong question. :doh:

Who is running replacement seats, and which ones are you running?

Need some help here on what seats fit good and are pretty comfy for a DD.

I have the Rubicon seat. It's a good seat. It took a little while to get used to the fixed back style, probably from sitting crooked all these years. It forces me to sit more upright and centered, which in my experience ends up being comfortable on the long trips. (So much for the recline and snooze break during long road trips though...)
Getting in can be interesting, the high and firm seat sides force you up and over. Once you're in though, there's no slipping around, which is better than bracing yourself when off camber.
Skip their high $$$ mounting kit, it's easy to make your own with some 3" wide flat stock, at least it was on my 98, not sure of the older style mounts.

haha funny story.

so it was the night before graduation at my old high school, and a buddy and i thought it would be really funny to go mess with the juniors who were out guarding the school rock from our cross town rivals. we load up the essentials, paint, more paint, and a 5 gallon bucket of old burnt 90-weight/engine oil/engine coolant/atf fluid/brake fluid/power steering fluid. of course it didnt have a lid. OF COURSE. so off we go to the school with the bucket on the floor between my buddies legs up front. we get to the school and this car load of kids is following us with their brights on. so what do i do you may ask? well i slam it into reverse, jump on the gas and start baking em off in reverse at these kids. it would have been pretty scary for them, but was prolly terrifying when my jeep suddenly caught traction and started screaming back towards them. luckily for them i slammed on the brakes before they got intimate with my 8.25. unluckily for me, the evil concoction in the bucket sloshed up onto the front passenger seat. and even more unluckily for my friend, he was sitting in the seat :D so, after driving around for two weeks smelling like some dirty dirty thing, i went to the junk yard and got an old xj seat for $20 (which didnt match mine). covered both with some cosco neoprene seat covers and love em.

Back