• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nov 8th, Noon, reservations made...

Willis

NAXJA Forum User
Took it upon myself to make an executive decision. I made reservations for 25 people at Billy McHale's in Renton on November 8th at 12:00 PM (Noon). Reservations can be changed if need be, and they can handle up to 50 people easily. I called around, and Billy McHale's seems to be able to handle larger parties easier than many others, plus, the Renton area saves a lot of people from having to come into the Seattle area.

For those that know of another meet and greet, this will make it easy won't it?

Please post here if you plan on being in attendance. Or e-mail me at [email protected] or PM me, and I'll get your name on the roster, so I can change the reservations accordingly.

Note: Only NAXJA members can post on this forum, however, everyone can read it. Members and non-members alike are invited to the meet and greet.

I will also be at the PNWXJ meet and greet, so if anybody plans on attending that one instead of the NAXJA one, but wishes to chat about the NW forum, please find me.

Thanks,
Steve

Well, I think I and the Wife will make that. We will try to get a sitter for my sons (5 and 7).... If not, they will be with us..... They are not loud brats or anything. :)

I thought about trying to make the other meeting on the 7th as well, but that would require 2 full days and a hotel stay to have that much time in the Seattle area.

I am coming from up North, so a good head count would be nice of those that plan to attend.

Also, and addy or directions from I-5 N would be cool.

:)

Glenn

I believe I should be able to attend. I am not familiar with the area so directions from I-5 south would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Judd

Sweet, I'm down for that.

Directions:

From I-5 N or South, take the Northbound 405 exit. After about 1 mile you'll see the 167 Northbound exit to Renton. Take that one. ;) Go North and cross Grady Way. There's a Wal-Mart on the left and you'll see Billy's in the NE corner of their lot.

These are MY directions...but you can probably find something more detailed using their address:
Billy Mc Hale's Restaurant
241 SW 7th St
Renton WA 98055
(425) 271-7427

Thanks for posting that address, I meant to, but forgot. Also, significant others and kids welcome of course. Please let me know about extras coming with you. I don't want to have a reservation for 25 if 10 are showing.

Thanks,
Steve

That will work for me. The wife and I will make a day of it. It isn't often we get to go to the Big City:D

So count me for 2

I will be there. I will not have my wife or kids with me, so just put me down as 1.

A good friend of mine who also has a XJ would love to come but will not be able to attend however he would like to be added to any contact lists or what have you so that he can become involved. Do we have a way for those that will not be able to make it to this meeting to still be "involved". Just a thought/question?

Michael

2xtreme said:
I will be there. I will not have my wife or kids with me, so just put me down as 1.

A good friend of mine who also has a XJ would love to come but will not be able to attend however he would like to be added to any contact lists or what have you so that he can become involved. Do we have a way for those that will not be able to make it to this meeting to still be "involved". Just a thought/question?

Michael

Yup, just because they cannot make the meeting does not leave them out. I am sure relevant details will be posted here.

Looks like there will be 4 from here. My wife, 2 sons, and myself.
Glenn

Suggestion from the National BOD

Gals and Guys --

Wish you luck in getting another chapter started. As a founding member and current president of the North Atlantic Chapter, I'll just pass along a hint that in your discussions, you should keep in mind that you are discussing the formation of a chapter of NAXJA, not an independent club. I strongly suggest that each of you who will be attending this meeting print out and read a copy of the NAXJA By-Laws, and bring them to the meeting. If your proposed chapter departs too far from the intent of the National by-laws, you risk not being approved as a chapter.

Yes, the by-laws are currently being revised, but only to clear up grey areas and add specificity to areas (such as chapters) that were not well defined in the original by-laws. The essence of what NAXJA is and does will remain unchanged.

Keep us posted (no pun intended).

Thanks

Thank You Eagle for the insight.

That is a very good idea, if we have all read the by laws before we come we will be much better prepared and will not have to spend time going in circles over the broad ideas and formation.

Michael

I regret to inform that I will not be able to attend on Saturday. I pinched a nerve in my back, and I cannot sit in a car for longer than 10 minutes. It kinda makes the 3 hour drive impossible. I am very sorry, it bothers me to not uphold a commitment. I was looking forward to meeting everyone.

looking forward to next time,

JJ :(

Bummer about your back. I know that problem all too well.

Everybody else still in? Anybody else coming?

I only ask, as I want to be sure we are still on, and moving forward. I have to leave my house by 6am to make it down there, and won't get home until 6pm at the earliest..... a long day for a lunch meeting. :eek: So... I wanna be sure we are doing this.

Glenn

I am still planning on attending.

OK, I hate to do this, but I am going to cancel as well, as it looks.

Aside from the fact that it makes for a 12 hour day.... it will run $150 or so for me to make it there and back. If we are looking at an ever diminishing crowd, that becomes more dificult to justify.

I had hoped to be able to meet at least enough of you all to be able to know who to vote for. :)

Barring any last minute significant additions.... I will not be setting the alarm clock for 5am and waking my kids up to load them in the Jeep. As much as I would like to meet the few folks that are going to be there.... it is cost prohibative.

Glenn :(

Sorry to hear it, G-man. We will certainly have plenty of folks along from the e-mails I've been trading. I know of at least 4 who are coming, including myself...besides those who have posted here.

Back