• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 update

jjvande

NAXJA Forum User
Ive spent the last few days getting the D44 in the rear of my '88. The diff. has a Rubi disc conversion and i am now in the process of replacing all the wheel studs because the stock ones weren't long enough.

I bled the brakes last night and got them working pretty well (they havent worn in yet, so im thinking they'll get even better) and i didnt remove the O-ring from the Proportioning valve. THough i might if they arent up to par in a few weeks.

As for the driveshaft...there was only a 0.5" difference in length, so i didn;t have to shorten it at all. YAY!

So it went pretty well except for these darn wheel studs. I hate the fact that i will be hammering on my new axle, but are there any other options for removing studs?

BTW, anyone it TUCSON want a '84 D35 with a torn up R and P?

Ill drop it off for free......I thought id ask before i take it to a junk yard.

THanks
-JTUCSON

well Im not in tucson but I might drive there for it does it have everything but the r & p

Hey....yea its definitly a D35, It has/had 3.73 gears and is all stock...new drums as of this summer, but no more than 2000 miles on em. The pinion broke a tooth off and trashed the ring gear....im not sure what shape the rest is in, but its yours for free.....my email is [email protected]

can you come today?

ok, i have to get rid of this axle ...anyone?

BTW, the studs went well, i had to use a 3/4" hex nut and an open wheel lug, some grease, and many hours of wrenching. im finally done with this install....

thanks for alll who gave advice and wisdom over the past month...the jeep is back.

-J

Back