• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wann experiement with bushings for 760's

Beezil

Member #Nay
NAXJA Member
just for fun, was wanting to try out a bushing to replace needle bearings in a 760 joint.....

was gonna try 863 manganese bronze.

you gotta problem with dat?

anyone else ever try their own testing?

Use "Pure Power" grease.

I might have the name wrong so if you can't find it let me know I'll check it for you.

mark
orgs mfg

Couldn't someone make a killing by just selling bushings to replace the needle bearings of a 760x instead of selling the entire cap/trunion/bushing combo?

I wouldn't do 'em on a junk lathe, unless you take off about .001 at a time and keep checking for runout inside to out.

ok, thats just not right!

You guys confuse me when I read your threads! Make the voices stop!

80% of the lathes out there can't hold the tolerances I would think you should be going by for something like this.

do you own an example of the other 20-percent?

start spinning.

if you supply me with a couple sets to do your beta testing for you, I will forgive the bet that i won.

Sean,
You mean that Bumm never paid up on that bet in Moab.

What a low life scum B is. :D

I want to be there when you pay up, so it might have to be in Nov 04 :D

hinkley

See how I ASS U Med the low life was you.

But now I remember now it was Sean that lost that stupid bet.

No wonder why he wouldn't let me in on it, he new he was going to loose :looser:

hinkley

So what do the bushings do though?

CTM uses bushings but I understood it was because the larger trunion prevented the use of needle bearings.
If the trunion is the same size is the joint any stronger?

C-ROK said:
So what do the bushings do though?

CTM uses bushings but I understood it was because the larger trunion prevented the use of needle bearings.
If the trunion is the same size is the joint any stronger?

bushings won't disintigrate like needle bearings can sometimes do, but more importantly, you can weld the caps in without risking melting the needle bearings.

To get bushings to fit precisely they need to be "reamed" after being pressed in.McMaster has the reamers!

Back