• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

detachable doors

moneypitxj

NAXJA Member #565
i think this subject has been touched on before,but anywho, anybody out there have any pics and ideas on making a detachable door? i have a 2 door but either one would work.

thanx, keep on jeepin

partsbill said:
Once my son buys his own jeep on Nov 14(his 18th b-day)(been driving the 93 cheokee i gave him at 15.5) I plan on doing the same from this web address

http://www.projectxj.com/mods/doorless.htm

Hope you have good luck as well

Bill

Right on....I'm glad to see that there are some people that actually use the junk I write up.:D

BTW, I have since figured out how to get the doors to line up back to normal....so I'm psyched and have no regrets with this mod.

I did the same thing over a year ago. For the drivers side the pins need to be trimmed down, all the extra length doesn't do anythign anyways. WIth the pins full length, you can't get the doors on or off.

On the passenger side I cut the ear off, then used a bolt through the top ear as a pin. Get as close to the pin diameter as you can, and get a long bolt that isn't threaded the whole way. Cut it to the needed length.

For the Door buzzer/dome light switch, there a plug you can disconnect behind the kick panel. I moved my speakers (only thing needing wires in my doors) to the lift gate, didn't have any back there. They use the same plug, and are the same size.

Here's what I did

Back