• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

blank gauge cluster?

Toney85XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a blank gauge cluster. I've got gauges everywhere in the xj, and would like to have all of them in the factory location. Has anyone seen a blank cluster anywhere? Know of anyone that would custom make one?

TIA
Patrick

I'm going to assume you mean aftermarket gauges, and that your stock cluster has idiot lights.

Don't know of any aftermarket (or factory) blank cluster. The problem is that the factory gauges aren't "wired" -- the back of the cluster is a printed circuit board. I suppose you could toss that and hard wire everything, but that sounds like a lot of work.

What most people do is buy a cluster with gauges out of a junkyard. They all used a mechanical speedo through 1990, but there were two styles of speedo cable connection. If yours is an '85, that's the early style. Any cluster from an '84 thru '86 will work. I don't know if the '87s got the old style or the new style.

Yes I've got aftermarket gauges everywhere and yould like to get rid of the factory cluster and replace it with a blank cluster and cut the necessary holes out for my mechanical gauges. No one has ever seen a blank cluster, or knows of something that will work??

Patrick

Back