• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

not the usual axle question!

Toney85XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a super 35 kit that I took out of my TJ to make way for the 8.8, and was wondering if it will work in the xj. I wasn't too sure going from c-clip to non c-clip if it would work or not. Oh and please don't tell me I can get a D44 cheaper, cause I already have the kit. Might as well put it to use.

Patrick

ok i got the answer. sell the super 35 to a tj yup for about twice what its worth, then buy a 44 :D

small pederson said:
ok i got the answer. sell the super 35 to a tj yup for about twice what its worth, then buy a 44 :D

lol. I knew someone would post something like that. I tried to sell the super 35, but I paid over $800 for it a few months ago, and most people don't want to pay $600 for used axle shafts and a locker. I don't want to get into a super 35 vs 44 vs 8.8 debate. I know the 44 is stronger than the super 35, and an 8.8 is stronger than a 44. I'm trying to get the rear axle beefed up before nov. 7th, we're going to the superlift ORV park in Hot Springs, AR and I don't feel like changing out rear shafts, or possibly a carrier. I'd rather put the super 35 kit I already have in and wheel it till it breaks, then upgrade.

So does anyone know if the super 35 c clip will work with a non c clip axle?

Patrick

You could always weld a set of spring perches on the TJ axle and throw the whole thing under the XJ.

Back