• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scored a front D44 today!

BillR

Toy Jeep driver!
A buddy was doing some garage cleaning, and almost GAVE me a Ford HP Dana 44. I'm trying to figure out what it's from and how difficult it would be to adapt. It DOES have welded radius arm mounts on both ends, and measures 53" between the UBJs. It has no R&P, but I got the carrier, axles, caliper holders, and 2 sets of outer knuckles. One set are Chevy flat-top knuckles, and even has the steering arm attached. The radius arms are there, and he threw in a set of new poly bushings for it.
I won't go into what it cost me, but I think I got a good deal...;)
I already have an HP Dana 30. Is it worth changing to this axle to only run 33s? (MAYBE 35s...)

it is in no way worth it so why dont I just drive up to flagstaff and take it off your hands :D no actually it is worth it why not run the best you can so that you dont have to worry about breaking something on the trail.

well dont get me wrong I would KILL to have that axle but I dont have the money you are going to be looking for

trades???
I'm looking for a Dana 44 locker, and/or a set of good 32s or 33s. (5)

Fergie said:
Well I will take your 30 and LSD if you switch em over. :)

Fergie
Actually, the REAR axle from mine will be available in a few months. (29-spline 8.25, 4:10s, Auburn, raised shock mounts, new bearings):cool:

azxjman said:
you sure were quick to post that on azvjc I sure wish I had 300 bucks lol
Yeah, it sounds like a project that's a little over my head in the fabrication departrment.:(
Oh well, maybe someone wants a good deal...

xjnation said:
Hey Fergie you gonna want that DS anytime soon :D

Thats funny...I am in the middle of writing an email to you about getting the DS, and possibly getting some help with the lift, and some fab stuff. I'll send the email here in a bit.

BillR- When you get closer to whatever swap you are doing, we will talk more about you rear end....wait....thats not right...

Fergie

Back